Eltron Research & Development was founded in 1982 and is a leading R&D organization with over 3 decades of experience providing technology solutions to industry. Our excellent track record of creating commercial-ready technologies has produced 3 spin-off companies and 77 patents, of which 29 have been licensed to industry.
Eltron’s staff consists of approximately 50 scientists and engineers (Ph.D, MS and BS level) who work in our state-of-the-art research facility in Boulder, Colorado. Eltron’s core strengths are applied chemistry and engineering in the following technology areas:
• Energy and Fuels: Clean and sustainable energy, novel biofuels synthesis, fuel reforming, gasification and sequestration
• Catalysts: Design, synthesis, evaluation and scale-up of heterogeneous and homogeneous, supported and unsupported materials
• Advanced Materials: Polymers, membranes, multifunctional composites, ceramics, novel paints and coatings, chemical energy storage systems, materials molding and nanotubes
• Chemicals & Chemical Processing: Ambient and high temperature chemical processes as well as electrochemical methodologies
• Environmental: Green electrolytic water treatment technology, contaminant remediation and sensor technology platforms
Eltron’s clients come from both private and public sectors. Eltron has completed more than 200 projects over 3 decades for many government agencies including the DOE, DOD, NASA, EPA, NIH and NSF.
The goal of Eltron’s business model is to commercialize as many of its technologies as possible via licensing Eltron technologies, developing Eltron technologies internally or with a partner, performing Contract R&D Services, and creating spin-off companies when appropriate (Eltron Water Systems, Continental Technologies, The BioCompactor Company).